Category Archives: Sports
With Jurassic Park 3D hitting theaters this Friday, I thought I’d revisit a few posts inspired by the film over the past 3 years this blog has been in existence. In no particular order:
1. Jurassic Park 3D Glasses. I was so sure this would be a thing I vowed to watch the Twilight films if it didn’t happen. A man of my word, I will… oh, they’re not on Netflix? Oh man what a bummer. But seriously I’d want a pair of these, 3D or no.
2. Jurassic Park Blu-Ray Case. This design put my blog on the map, so feel free to assign blame here. If I ever got rich I would 3D-print this sucker.
3. Jurassic Park Fence Bed. Featuring a doomed plush goat (like so many of my other posts)! I’m pretty sure there was an IKEA bed with a similar frame, but I can’t seem to find it anymore.
4. Jurassic Park Watch. I made this for my Watch This series, and I still love this design 2 years later. You’ll note as we go back in time, the pictures as smaller. For some reason I was cool with a blog width of 445 pixels back in the day.
5. Jurassic Park Hockey Jersey. This one migrated to my other blog, but it was a hit when I posted it here in the fall of 2011. The design was inspired by the gas-powered jeeps from the film.
And that’s it for now, please stay tuned for more Jurassic Park designs in the future! Enjoy the film’s re-release and remember: it’s in IMAX for only one week.
Now you can shower just like a champion! Except on a more daily basis. And with regular water, not Gatorade. (EDIT: You also could embed an LED in there to make the water change colors. Thanks to Ryan M. for the idea!).
On a lighter note this blog is now 3 years old! Thanks for stopping by and putting up with my weird ideas, much like the one you see above.
It is based on the Letterman jackets the guys wore in the film. And yes, I am holding out hope 80′s Tees makes some Letterman jackets. As far as I can tell, these kind of jackets aren’t really prevalent here in Canada, but for Red Dawn heck yeah I’d love a replica.
As you might know I run a geeky hockey design site, and there I am often asked if I will branch out into other sports. I have dabbled in the other sports, just not as much as I would like. Case in point, only two basketball logos to my credit: The Blouses and Nitewings. I have decided to update both.
Blouses was a fun parody logo! I just refined it a little, making the character look a lot more like Dave Chappelle, intense stare and all.
Nitewings I made as a pitch to the New Orleans Hornets. The team was at the time contemplating a name change, and would eventually settle on the Pelicans (just recently). I thought the bat mascot would be a nice gothic nod to the city. Bats are quite under-represented in team sports, if I may say so. I made the logo more dynamic here. Maybe Ottawa could use it?
Another name I considered for New Orleans was Slayers. This name is geeky to the max! But I balked at using it because I worried the ‘Y’ would look like a ‘V’ to some, and get me in trouble. Paranoia comes with being an artist.
Very surprised these aren’t a thing: wrist watches based on wrestling belts. I mean, a watch looks like a tiny belt essentially, so why not? Wrestling belts are also very bling-y, making them perfect for luxury watches (or fake watches that Jabronis can afford). All seems like a no-brainer to me.
Wrestling fans would love these, but you know who else they would be great for? Any group of guys where a current champ is involved, like a fantasy league or office pool (e.g. top salesman); the reigning champ gets to wear the watch!
This design has a flip cover, which would leave the belt face intact, making it look like a small replica. While a flip cover is my personal preference, I would not be opposed to having the watch face or timer embedded into the belt buckle itself.
So many possibilities for this watch type: WWE. WWF, WCW, NWO, heck, even Ted Dibiase’s million dollar belt.
UPDATE: Refined the logo to look more like Chapelle, intense stare and all. See below.
I hope this elicits a laugh (at least from non-Raptor fans). I don’t have anything to add except “Shoot the J! SHOOT IT!”
Link to relevant video (censored language).
Please keep your comments clean if you are going to quote the skit.
Update: Added a jersey design too. If there are any 3-on-3 teams who want to use the logo, let me know. I’ll provide you with the art.
Here is an updated logo: