Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What’s this blog all about?
I post all kinds of ideas, usually of the geeky variety. I strive to create content that does not exist anywhere else. A lot of this is ‘dreaming out-loud’ or ‘food-for-thought’ or ‘wishful thinking’, but hopefully presented in an entertaining way.
2. I want one of your cool hockey jerseys. Where can I find them?
Those got moved to my other site, www.davesgeekyhockey.com. Check it out!
3. I really want to buy that. How can I get it?! How much do you want for it??
These ideas – many of which are products in nature – are all just concepts. They don’t exist (yet), and are not for sale.
4. Why not just ‘Kickstarter’ one of your designs?
For a lot of these ideas, there’s a licensing aspect that would need to be addressed before hitting Kickstarter. Also prototyping a product and running a campaign is literally a full-time job that would take several months at least.
Plus I’ve seen too many failed campaigns (they raised the $ but failed to deliver the product), and I don’t want to risk that happening either. I just enjoy creating stuff.
Maybe one day I’ll tackle a campaign when it’s feasible.
5. You should take your idea to _______ so they can make it.
All companies have a rule against unsolicited ideas. This is to protect them from lawsuits and accusations of theft. I wish companies came to me for my 2 cents, I tell you whut.
6. Would you like to do a Sponsored or Guest Post? Maybe hire us for SEO services?
No. Go away.
7. Can I share your post online?
Yes you can, please attribute to the source and link back here.
8. What do you use for your art?
Blender, Inkscape, and GIMP. All freeware.
If you have any questions for me, leave them in the comments below or email me; I’ll do my best to get back to you.